Policy key definitions
– GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
– PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
– ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
– Cookies mean small files stored on users’ computer or device.
– EMS means email marketing service provider.
Key principles of GDPR
Storage of Data and Their Security
Data and information collected by SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals is processed by SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals staff or the staff of our service provider. They could be engaged in completion of customer order and providing of support and consultancy services.
The personal information derived would be held securely in accordance with the SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals security policy.
The encrypted data cannot be accessed by a third party and sensitive details of customers are not stored to prevent its possible loss.
SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals also takes fullest measure to prevent loss of data during their transmission through internet although we cannot provide a complete guarantee of safety to the personal data transmitted to this site and any such transmission is made at customer’s own risk.
Use of Collected Data
SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals uses the collected data for various services including;
– To provide the customer with information, services and products requested by the customers or which SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals feel may interest the customer, when the customer has given permission to be contacted through email for such purposes.
– To allow the customer to participate in any interactive features of our services, when the customer had chosen to do so.
– To notify the customer of the updates to the web store or the web site.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
– the right to be informed;
– the right of access;
– the right to rectification;
– the right to erasure;
– the right to restrict processing;
– the right to data portability;
– the right to object; and
– the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
– Information provided by customers while registering at the company newsletter, filling out questionnaires and subscribing to services.
– Details of each customer’s visits to the web, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the products and resources that were accessed.
A customer can modify his/her browser to prevent the receipt of cookies and can refuse to accept cookies from SCIENTIST SKIN LAB LTD or md:ceuticals.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter. We only collect certain data about the customer, as detailed in the “Storage of Data and Their Security” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software and applications that allows companies to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. When used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as: times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Our EMS provider is SENDINBLUE. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
– Email address
– I.P address
– Subscription time & date
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all SENDINBLUE lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
If you need further information and clarification please contact us.